- If at all possible, please attach your advert, notice to an email to email@example.com or use the contact form.
- If you are unable to submit your contribution by the deadline, please email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the deadline with the details.
- Reports and articles should be written and submitted as a Microsoft Word or Microsoft Publisher document to give us the flexibility to edit your work to fit our layout. We are unable to amend .pdf and .jpeg files.
- Alternatively, a hard copy (with any payment due) can be handed into your local collection point (Aultbea Post Office – Poolewe Village Store – Gairloch Harbour Post Office or Gairloch & District Times Office in the Community Hall) by the due deadline.
- All fees due to cover the total number of insertions are required prior to inclusion. Please make cheques payable to Gairloch & District Times.
- All contributions should have a name, and telephone number or email address in case we need to make contact.
- If you send your contribution by email and also send a hard copy, please mark the document ‘copy’.
- We reserve the right to make adverts smaller and to shorten articles when space is at a premium, and to withhold any article we feel is controversial or may cause offence to any group or individual.
- The views expressed by contributors do not necessarily reflect those of the Times Production Team, or G&DT trustees.
Costs, advert sizes and subscriptions
(Prices from 1st January 2017)
Please note that as of 1st January 2017 we are VAT registered (VAT reg no 255 5955 69) and will have to charge VAT on adverts. Prices in bold are inclusive of VAT.
|personal adverts (for sale, etc.)||Items for sale less than £100||Free|
|Items for sale, total cost £100 or above:|
|Up to 5 lines - 92mm width||£2 (£1.67 + VAT)|
|6 to 10 lines - 92mm width||£4 £3.34 + £0.66 VAT)|
|business, property & events adverts, crofting notices||1/8 page - 92 x 65mm||£6 (£5 + £1 VAT)|
|1/4 page - 92 x 134mm||£12 £10 + £2 VAT)|
|1/2 page - 92 x 272mm or 188 134mm||£24 (£20 + £4 VAT)|
|Full page||£48 (£40 + £8 VAT)|
|charities, churches, local clubs etc.||1/8 page||Free|
|1/4 page and above (see note 1 below)||50% of above rate|
|information entries||Diary, acknowledgements, letters, local reports (see note 2 below)||Free|
|advertising subscriptions||for 7 issues (5% discount included)|
|1/8 page||£39.90 (£33.25 + £6.65 VAT)|
|1/4 page||£79.80 (£66.50 + £13.30 VAT)|
|1/2 page||£159.60 (£133 + £26.60 VAT)|
|for 13 issues (10% discount included)|
|1/8 page||£70.20 (£58.50 + £11.70 VAT)|
|1/4 page||£140.40 (£117 + £23.40 VAT)|
|1/2 page||£280.80 (£234 + £46.80 VAT)|
|for 25 issues annual (15% discount included)|
|1/8 page||£127.50 (£106.25 + £21.25 VAT)|
|1/4 page||£255 (£212.50 + £42.50 VAT|
|1/2 page||£510 (£425 + £85 VAT)|
|receipt||We will issue or email a receipt on request|
(25 issues per annum)
|£2.20 per issue, which includes shipping, calculated from the point in our financial year that you take out your subscription. Your fee (contact us to find out the cost to you), together with your contact details, including email address if you have one, should be sent to:
Editor, Gairloch & District Times office,
Gairloch Community Hall,
Ross-shire IV21 2BP
Advertisers please note:
- Your advert should be submitted to the above dimensions.
- The best format in which to submit adverts is .jpeg, but the advert must be to size. The resolution should be 600dpi.
- We will translate all .pdf submissions into .jpeg.
- We do not recommend Microsoft Word and Microsoft Publisher formats for adverts, for the following reasons:
- There is only a small chance of your formatting being preserved during transfer.
- If the Gairloch & District Times computers don’t have the fonts you have used, you are not likely to be pleased with the result.
- Of course, you are welcome to set up your advert in Word or Publisher (or whatever software you wish), as long as you submit it as .jpeg or .pdf. The latest versions of Word and Publisher allow you to export directly to .pdf.
Note 1: To conform to the good practice requested by OSCR any charity entry that does not display the correct charity reference number will be charged at the full rate. Concession rate applies to non-charity registered churches, local clubs and community groups at the discretion of the editor.
Note 2: We encourage the submission of written reports that provide colour and substance to the newspaper. However, adverts that are boxed and not part of the general text will incur a charge as set out above.
Gairloch & District Times can only guarantee stated prices for the current issue and reserves the right to increase the prices without notice.